Monday, September 13, 2004

The Corporation

Monday 9-13-04
I just came back from the movie The Corporation that played at the Bears Tooth Theatre Pub. It was wonderful. Lots of information, too much for one sitting, but worth another 2 and an 1/2 hours if I can get the chance. Both screenings were sold out. I arrived early and handed out campaign cards and Bush's Brains flyers to the patrons as they arrived. For the second showing it was much easier because everyone was already in line when I came out. One might think that handing out my flyers at an event like this is just preaching to the choir, but most did not know about me and took the information gladly. After all, the primary turnout was small so many November voters have not tuned in yet. We may all sing from the same hymn book but we need to do things to make sure every singer shows up on election day. People need to feel contacted to the election more personally. I feel that contact like this shows them more of whom I am then my printed rhetoric or web site. Some only took my campaign information after I mentioned Bush's Brain. So I learned tonight that having a side issue to get or keep attention is a helpful campaign tool. I am planning also to have Prop 2 (the hemp proposition) info to use in this manner.
Tomorrow I fly to Juneau for a couple of days. If there are any readers in Juneau give me a call, 575-3297, if you would like to talk or know of some location I should visit to campaign.
I must rest and pack for the trip.
Peace,
Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home